A Brief History of Saint Luke's Episcopal Church, Cambridge, NY

September, 1866

Chartered as part of the Episcopal Diocese of New York

July 9, 1867

Cornerstone laid

November 24, 1867

First Service in church

September 1870

Church consecrated by Bishop Doane

June, 1892

Thanksgiving celebration of church’s restoration after being significantly damaged by fire


Rectory built

April 10, 1906

Vestry gives Mrs. Granville Wright permission “to do such work as she sees fit” to redecorate  St. Luke’s Church.

·       Louis Comfort Tiffany was hired

June, 1906

Three day celebration of complete redecoration of church

1907 – 1915

Tiffany stained glass windows installed


Bell tower reconstructed


Church foundation restored

November, 1998

Tiffany interior restored

2011 - 2012

Restoration of Lighting System

St. Luke's.jpg

church postcard.jpg

St. Luke’s Church has 15 Tiffany stained glass windows, and one of the few remaining complete interiors designed by Louis C. Tiffany in the USA. It is an essential part of Cambridge’s Historic District and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.